Tutorials on fieldwork techniques: topographic survey and use of the total station
PhD student Giacomo Casucci is offering a tutorial that aims at providing basic skills for topographic survey in archaeological excavations. The tutorial consists of a theoretical overview on the main surveying operations and a practice on survey techniques and on the use of technical instruments (dumpy level and total station).
The tutoring includes 10 hours of theoretical and practical classes carried out collectively in Aula VII and in the open spaces of the Department of Humanities. Thanks to this tutoring, students will acquire the following practical skills:
– surveying and drawing (drawing, measurements by trilateration, graphic scales, restitution of measurements) in archaeological excavations;
– use of survey instruments (setup of the instrument; execution of the measurements).
The class schedule will be as follows:
– Wednesday 5/04, Aula VII, 15.00-17.00
– Wednesday 12/04, Aula VII, 15.00-17.00
– Monday 17/04, Aula VII, 15.00-18.00
– Wednesday 19/04, Aula VII, 15.00-18.00
Students interested in the tutorial should write to the instructor (firstname.lastname@example.org) for registration.