How to apply
- 3 year Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in humanities or social sciences, in one or more of the following areas: archaeology, classics, history, ancient languages, geography, history of art.
- B2 level English proficiency. Students must either own an English language proficiency or they have taken 12 credits of English language courses in they home University. List of accepted certifications
- The number of positions dedicated to international non-EU students is defined on yearly basis.
Late Applications for the Academic Year 2019-2020
LATE APPLICATIONS: a call for late applications for the academic year 2019-2020 has been published. Call in English language with the application procedure for international students (link). Call in Italian language (link). Late applications must be sent between October 21 and November 8, 2019.
The eligibility of students graduated abroad will be assessed through evaluation of their academic curriculum. Students will receive the results of the evaluation of the academic curriculum by email. Eligible students will be invited to take the interview.
All students (both graduated in Italy and abroad) will have to sit an interview. The interview will take place on Friday, November 15, 2019 at 15:30 (3:30 pm) in Room SMU (Music History room), Department of Humanities, University of Pavia, Corso Strada Nuova 65, Pavia. Students must register for the interview following the procedures described in the admission announcement (link) or in the step-by-step procedure (see below). International students can request to take the interview via Skype or in a date different from the one scheduled in the announcement. Foreign students who want to sit the interview via Skype must register following the step-by-step procedure indicated below and contact the e-mail address email@example.com .
Late enrollments will be possible between December 2-13, 2019. Since regular enrollments were possible between October 3-15, late enrollments will require the payment of an additional 82 €. Please see the admission announcement for details (link).
To apply, please follow these steps:
- Go to this page and click the button “Apply now!” on the right. Please attach the required documents that will be listed in a checklist at the end of the application procedure, these include: a scan of a passport or ID card, a scan of transcript in English or Italian with exams taken, marks and credits, a scan of an English language proficiency certificate, receipt of payment of the application fee (35€).
- An appointed Commission will evaluate you academic curriculum. If your academic curriculum is suitable, you will receive an email and you will be invited to register for the interview.
- To apply for the interview you must first visit this page and click the “Registration” button at the bottom of the page (the page might appear in Italian language at first, change language in the Menu on the upper right corner). This page will register you in the system.
- After this step, you must book the interview. You can follow the procedure described in the admission announcement at this page. The procedure requires to open the “Menu” in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Select the link Secretariat > Evaluation test and follow the guided procedure, during the procedure you will be required to select the interview which you want to book for. Pay attention to select the right interview.
- During the booking procedure you will be required to pay an admission test fee (35€). Since you already paid for it at step 1, just send the payment receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Foreign students who want to sit the interview via Skype must contact the e-mail address email@example.com to schedule the appointment.
The admission announcement containing precise information concerning entry requirement, procedures and registration for the admission interview can be downloaded from this page.
The application procedure
Students graduated in Italy must follow the procedure described in the admission announcement (link).
The application procedure of students graduated abroad requires the evaluation of their academic curriculum. Students must apply through this page (link). The application requires the payment of an admission test fee (35 €). The payment can be carried out via bank transfer or online banking. The link to pay via online banking is attached to one of the invoices that students find in their reserved area. An example of a correctly filled payment can be downloaded from this page.
Student eligibility for the Master Programme will be assessed through evaluation of their academic curriculum. Students graduated abroad who applied for the evaluation of their academic curriculum as described in the previous paragraph will receive a notification.
Both students graduated in Italy and abroad must take and interview that will take place in September. The interview is indicative, the result of the interview will not be used as parameter to select students to be admitted to the Master Programme.
For further information, please contact us (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Students whose academic curriculum is deemed adequate must sit an admission interview that will take place in Pavia. Students must register for the admission interview following the procedures described in the admission announcement (link). The interview is indicative, the result of the interview will not be used as parameter to select students to be admitted to the Master Programme.
If necessary, international students can request to take the interview via Skype or in a date different from the one scheduled in the admission announcement. To request to sit the interview via Skype or in a different date, students must contact the e-mail address email@example.com . Students must register for the admission interview following the procedures described in the admission announcement (link).
How to enroll
Enrollments for late applications will be possible between December 2-13, 2019. Please see the admission announcement for details (link).
Regular enrollments will be possible between October 3-15. Please see the admission announcement for details (link).
Documents that International students must prepare to enroll are described in the admission announcement (link).
Late enrollments are also possible upon the payment of a 82 € fee.
Eligible foreign students must enroll following this procedure:
- Go to this page and login into the Reserved Area.
- Open the menu on the upper right side and select “SEGRETERIA”>”IMMATRICOLAZIONE” (SECRETARIAT > ENROLLMENT).
- Select the Master Programme THE ANCIENT MEDITERRANEAN WORLD. HISTORY, ARCHAEOLOGY AND ART from the list of courses.
- Fill the form.
- You will be required to upload:
- A passport photo in jpg format. .jpg format is mandatory.
- A front/back photocopy of the Identity Document used during the registration process.
- Photocopy of the Tax Code card.
- Photocopy of the permit of stay or its receipt (only for non-EU Students).
- Print the “DOMANDA DI IMMATRICOLAZIONE” and the invoice for the payment (MAV) of the first installment of the tuition fee (156 €).
- To complete the enrollment you must bring the following documents to the Students Secretariat (Via Sant’Agostino 1 – Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 9:30 –12:00; Wednesday 13:45 – 16:00):
- Payment receipt for the 1st installment of the tuition fee.
- Original copy of the previous academic title suitable for the enrollment in the Master’s Degree Programme (Bachelor’s Degree, University Diploma or foreign title) translated into Italian by an official translator, legalized by the Italian Diplomatic Authority in the country in which the title has been awarded, a Declaration of Value or an equivalent certification (Cimea certification that shows the authenticity of the title) .
- Graduation certificate (Diploma) with a complete list of exams, provided by the foreign University in which the title was awarded. The latter must be legalized by Italian Diplomatic Authorities and translated in Italian language.
- Original study programme and course contents provided by the foreign University that awarded the degree. Programme and contents should be translated in Italian.
- A front/back photocopy of the permit of stay (only for non-EU students).
For EU students, fees are based on family income. They range from € 160 to € 3500 per year. For non–EU students a flat rate is determined according to their country of origin and ranges from € 400 to € 3500. The tuition fee announcement for the academic year 2019-2020 can be downloaded from this page.
More information at this page.