How to apply
- 3 year Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in humanities or social sciences, in one or more of the following areas: archaeology, classics, history, ancient languages, geography, history of art.
- B2 level English proficiency. Students must either own an English language proficiency or have taken 12 credits of English language courses in they home University. List of accepted certifications
- The number of positions dedicated to international non-EU students is defined on a yearly basis.
Intake for EU and Non-EU candidates graduated abroad
- Start: January 13, 2020
- End: June 30, 2020
Late intake for candidates graduated abroad
- Start: July 1, 2020
- End: Non-EU candidates, July 24, 2020; EU candidates, September 1, 2020
Intake for candidates graduated in Italy
Students will have to follow the procedures described in the admission announcement
The admission announcement for the academic year 2019-2020 containing information concerning entry requirement, procedures and registration for the admission interview can be downloaded from this page. Procedures for the academic year 2020-2021 might change slightly.
The application procedure
Students graduated in Italy: students graduated in Italy must follow the procedure described in the admission announcement (link). The application requires the payment of an admission test fee (35 €).
Students graduated in abroad: the application procedure of students graduated abroad requires the evaluation of their academic curriculum. Students must apply through this page (link). The application requires the payment of an admission test fee (35 €). The payment can be carried out via bank transfer or online banking. Further details can be found below in the step-by-step procedure.
Evaluation of the academic curriculum and eligibility for the Master Programme: student eligibility for the Master Programme will be assessed through evaluation of their academic curriculum. Students graduated abroad who applied for the evaluation of their academic curriculum will receive an email containing the results of the evaluation, eligible foreign students will be invited to take the interview.
Interview: both students graduated in Italy and abroad must take an interview that will take place in September. The exact date and schedule of the interview will be published in this website. The interview is indicative, the result of the interview will not be used as parameter to select students to be admitted to the Master Programme. Italian students must register for the admission interview following the procedures described in the admission announcement (link). International students can request to take the interview via Skype or in a date different from the one scheduled in the admission announcement.
For further information, please contact us (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Step-by-step procedure for international students
To apply, please follow these steps:
- Go to this page and click the button “Apply now!” on the right. Please attach the required documents that will be listed in a checklist at the end of the application procedure, these include: a scan of a passport or ID card, a scan of transcript in English or Italian with exams taken, marks and credits, a scan of an English language proficiency certificate, receipt of payment of the application fee (35€). One reference letter is required. A maximum of two reference letters can be provided. Candidates must fill a specific section of the application with general informations of their referees. Referees will receive an email with the instructions to follow to provide a reference letter.
- Students have to pay a fee for participation to the admission test (35 €). The fee for participation to admission test can be paid online bank. Students will receive an email (object: University of Pavia-Payment instructions for The Ancient Mediterranean World (History Archaeology and Art)) containing the link to the invoice and further instructions on how to pay. Within a couple of hours from the successful payment, students will be able to complete your application by submitting it. It will not be possible to submit the application until the payment has been cleared by the system. The invoice is pre-filled (click to see an example of invoice).
- An appointed Commission will evaluate you academic curriculum. If your academic curriculum is suitable, you will receive an email and you will be invited to take the interview.
- Foreign students who want to sit the interview via Skype must contact the e-mail address email@example.com to schedule the appointment.
Students whose academic curriculum is deemed adequate must sit an admission interview that will take place in Pavia in September. The interview is indicative, the result of the interview will not be used as parameter to select students to be admitted to the Master Programme. Italian students must register for the admission interview following the procedures described in the admission announcement (link).
If necessary, international students can request to take the interview via Skype or in a date different from the one scheduled in the admission announcement. To request to sit the interview via Skype or in a different date, students must contact the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org .
How to enroll
Admitted students will be able to enroll at the beginning of October. The precise period will be published in the admission announcement. Enrollments are usually possible between October 1-15.
Documents that International students must prepare to enroll are described in the admission announcement (link).
Late enrollments are also possible upon the payment of a 82 € fee.
Eligible foreign students must enroll following this procedure:
- Go to this page and login into the Reserved Area.
- Open the menu on the upper right side and select “SEGRETERIA”>”IMMATRICOLAZIONE” (SECRETARIAT > ENROLLMENT).
- Select the Master Programme THE ANCIENT MEDITERRANEAN WORLD. HISTORY, ARCHAEOLOGY AND ART from the list of courses.
- Fill the form.
- You will be required to upload:
- A passport photo in jpg format. .jpg format is mandatory.
- A front/back photocopy of the Identity Document used during the registration process.
- Photocopy of the Tax Code card.
- Photocopy of the permit of stay or its receipt (only for non-EU Students).
- Print the “DOMANDA DI IMMATRICOLAZIONE” and the invoice for the payment (MAV) of the first installment of the tuition fee (156 €).
- To complete the enrollment you must bring the following documents to the Students Secretariat (Via Sant’Agostino 1 – Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 9:30 –12:00; Wednesday 13:45 – 16:00):
- Payment receipt for the 1st installment of the tuition fee.
- Original copy of the previous academic title suitable for the enrollment in the Master’s Degree Programme (Bachelor’s Degree, University Diploma or foreign title) translated into Italian by an official translator, legalized by the Italian Diplomatic Authority in the country in which the title has been awarded, a Declaration of Value or an equivalent certification (Cimea certification that shows the authenticity of the title) .
- Graduation certificate (Diploma) with a complete list of exams, provided by the foreign University in which the title was awarded. The latter must be legalized by Italian Diplomatic Authorities and translated in Italian language.
- Original study programme and course contents provided by the foreign University that awarded the degree. Programme and contents should be translated in Italian.
- A front/back photocopy of the permit of stay (only for non-EU students).
For EU students, fees are based on family income. They range from € 160 to € 3,500 per year. For non–EU students a flat rate is determined according to their country of origin and ranges from € 400 to € 3,500. The tuition fee announcement for the academic year 2019-2020 can be downloaded from this page.
More information at this page.