List of Courses
Study plan. Additional information on study plans can be found at this page.
*You can find a brief description of the contents of these programmes on this page, paste the name of the programme and hit “search”.*
First Year (2022/2023)
FIELD ARCHAEOLOGY TRAINING / MATERIAL CULTURE LABORATORY (6 credits)
- ANCIENT WESTERN ASIA: HISTORY AND CIVILIZATIONS (6 credits)
- GREEK HISTORY AND CIVILIZATION (6 credits)
- EGYPT AFTER THE PHARAOHS (6 credits)
- ARCHAEOLOGY AND ART HISTORY OF ANCIENT WESTERN ASIA (6 credits)
- ETRUSCANS AND OTHERS (6 credits)
- GREEK AND ROMAN ARCHAEOLOGY AND ART (12 credits)
- RECONSTRUCTING THE PAST: METHODS AND TOOLS (6 credits)
- ROMAN HISTORY AND CIVILIZATION (6 credits)
Second Year (2022/2023)
SECOND-CYCLE DEGREE THESIS (36 credits)
Two courses (12 credits) to be chosen among
- ARCHAEOLOGICAL AND MUSEOLOGICAL ASPECTS OF ANCIENT EGYPT (6 credits)
- POST-CLASSICAL ARCHAEOLOGY (6 credits)
- PREHISTORY AND PROTOHISTORY OF THE MEDITERRANEAN (6 credits)
Two courses (12 credits) to be chosen from among all available courses at the University of Pavia. It is suggested to choose two courses among the following ones
Courses in English language
- GREEK RELIGION AND MYTHOLOGY (6 credits)
- ACADEMIC AND POPULAR WRITING (6 credits)
- DIGITAL HUMANITIES (6 credits)
- LEARNING ITALIAN (6 credits)
Courses in Italian language
- EPIGRAFIA LATINA (LATIN EPIGRAPHY) (6 credits)
- MUSEOLOGIA (MUSEOLOGY) (6 credits)
- STORIA, EPIGRAFIA E SISTEMI DI SCRITTURA DEL VICINO ORIENTE ANTICO (HISTORY, EPIGRAPHY AND WRITING SYSTEMS OF THE ANCIENT NEAR EAST) (6 credits)
General information on attendance
- Students missing ≥ 25% of lectures must inform the Professor responsible for the subject. To deal with the missing lectures and subjects, students will have to agree on the exam program with the Teacher.
- Students who will not attend lectures because they are going to visit a museum or an archaeological site must inform the Professor responsible for the subject IN ADVANCE. To deal with the missing lectures and subjects, students will have to agree on the exam program with the Teacher.
- Some subjects require students to prepare a short presentation. The presentation is compulsory. Students who refuse to prepare and give the presentation will have the exam grade reduced.
- Professors must be contacted only through the official email address provided by the University of Pavia (firstname.lastname@example.org).