How to apply: Students graduated abroad
- 3 year Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in humanities or social sciences preferentially in the following areas Classics, Ancient History, Archaeology or Cultural Heritage. The eligibility can be fully assessed through evaluation of academic qualifications and admission interview.
Knowledge of the English language
- B2 level English proficiency. Students must either own an English language proficiency or have taken at least 12 credits of English language courses in their home University. List of accepted certifications
Concerning the selection period, some date changes may occur.
Students graduated abroad must request the evaluation of their academic curriculum. Students graduated abroad who applied for the evaluation of their academic curriculum will receive an email containing the results of the evaluation. Students whose curriculum is judged suitable for the access to the Master Programme will have to take and pass an admission interview.
Pre-enrollment, VISA and English language certificates: Embassies in some countries might require English language knowledge certificates to accept pre-enrollment and VISA applications. Minimum required grades for the academic year 2019-2020 were: IELTS – 6, TOEFL – 78, TOLIMO – 600, FCE – 169.
STEP-BY-STEP APPLICATION PROCEDURE
Step 1: Registration and application
To apply, please follow these steps:
- Register on this website (link) and click the button “Apply Now!”.
- Fill the application form and attach the required documentation (for details see this page at section Other Requirements > Students graduated in a non-Italian university) and submit the application. One reference letter is required. A maximum of two reference letters can be provided. Candidates must fill a specific section of the application with general informations of their referees. Referees will receive an email with the instructions to follow to provide a reference letter.Register on this website (link) and click the button “Apply Now!”.
The application requires the payment of a fee for participation to the admission test (35 €). The fee for participation to admission test can be paid online via home banking or credit card. Students will receive an email (object: object: University of Pavia-Payment instructions for The Ancient Mediterranean World (History Archaeology and Art) containing the link to the invoice and further instructions on how to pay. Within a couple of hours from the successful payment, students will be able to complete your application by submitting it. It will not be possible to submit the application until the payment has been cleared by the system. The invoice is pre-filled (click to see an example of invoice).
Step 2: Evaluation of qualification
An appointed Commission will evaluate your academic curriculum. If your academic curriculum is suitable, you will receive an email and you will be invited to take the interview.
Step 3: Admission interview
Students whose academic curriculum is deemed adequate must sit an admission interview. Multiple interview sessions will be available, schedules will be published on this website.
Foreign students who want to sit the interview via Skype must contact the e-mail address email@example.com to schedule the appointment. If necessary, international students can request to take the interview via Skype or in a date different from the one scheduled in the admission announcement. To request to sit the interview via Skype or in a different date, students must contact the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org .
Admission interview sessions, precise dates can be found at this page. Some changes may occur during the selection period. Results will be sent approximately 3 weeks after the closure of the call.
- 1st session: January-February 2021.
- 2nd session:February-March 2021.
- 3rd session: April-May 2021.
- 4th session: May-June 2021.
- 5th session: June-July 2021.
Precise dates will be published on this page
Step 4: Pre-enrollment and VISA application
For precise details on these procedures please visit this page.
Non-EU Students residing abroad and admitted to the Master’s Programme need to submit their pre-enrollment via Italian Consulate or Embassy in their country and start the application for student VISA. The official admission at the University of Pavia will be possible only after pre-enrollment has been completed. Please keep in touch with the Italian Authority in your country and check this website .
⊗ Students from extra-European countries apply for a student VISA to the Italian authority in their country. Students should contact the Italian Embassy in their country as early as possible and ask information about student VISA application procedures.
Important notice for extra-European students: VISA application and university application are two completely independent procedures. VISA application is a procedure carried out by the Italian Authorities abroad. The University of Pavia has nothing to do with VISA application. Students from extra-European countries are encouraged to apply for pre-evaluation and admission test as soon as possible even if they did not obtain a VISA from the Italian embassy.
Additional information can be found at this page .
Step 5: Enrollment
Students will be able to enroll in the University of Pavia between July XXX and October 15. To enroll, login in your reserved area, then click Menu (right corner) -> Admissions -> Enrollment.
EU students must follow the procedure described at this page.