How to apply: Students graduated abroad
- 3 year Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in humanities or social sciences preferentially in the following areas Classics, Ancient History, Archaeology or Cultural Heritage. The eligibility can be fully assessed through evaluation of academic qualifications and admission interview.
Knowledge of the English language
- B2 level English proficiency. Students must either own an English language proficiency or have taken at least 12 credits of English language courses in their home University. List of accepted certifications. Native English speakers do not need to submit an English language certification.
- 1st call: 15/11/2022 – 25/11/2022 results by 20/12/2022
- 2nd call: 10/01/2023 – 23/01/2023 results by 24/02/2023
- 3rd call: 10/02/2023 – 23/02/2023 results by 24/03/2023
- 4th call: 30/03/2023 – 12/04/2023 results by 15/05/2023
- 5th call*: 31/05/2023 – 08/06/2023 results by 07/07/2023
- 6th call**: 04/09/2023 – 12/09/2023 results by 22/09/2023
*For EU and NON-EU residing in Italy. For NON-EU residing abroad only in case of available places.
**For EU and NON-EU residing in Italy only.
Students graduated abroad must request the evaluation of their academic curriculum. Students graduated abroad who applied for the evaluation of their academic curriculum will receive an email containing the results of the evaluation. Students whose curriculum is judged suitable for the access to the Master Programme will have to take and pass an admission interview.
Pre-enrollment, VISA and English language certificates: Embassies in some countries might require English language knowledge certificates to accept pre-enrollment and VISA applications.
STEP-BY-STEP APPLICATION PROCEDURE
Step 1: Registration and application/submission of titles and presentation letters.
To apply, please follow these steps:
- Register on this website (link) and click the button “Apply Now!”.
- Fill the application form and attach the required documentation (for details see this page at section Other Requirements > Students graduated in a non-Italian university) and submit the application. One reference letter is required. A maximum of two reference letters can be provided. Candidates must fill a specific section of the application with general informations of their referees. Referees will receive an email with the instructions to follow to provide a reference letter.Register on this website (link) and click the button “Apply Now!”.
The application requires the payment of a fee for participation to the admission test (35 €). The fee for participation to admission test can be paid online via home banking or credit card. Students will receive an email (object: object: University of Pavia-Payment instructions for The Ancient Mediterranean World (History Archaeology and Art) containing the link to the invoice and further instructions on how to pay. Within a couple of hours from the successful payment, students will be able to complete your application by submitting it. It will not be possible to submit the application until the payment has been cleared by the system. The invoice is pre-filled (click to see an example of invoice).
Step 2: Evaluation of qualification
An appointed Commission will evaluate your academic curriculum. If your academic curriculum is suitable, you will receive an email and you will be invited to take the interview.
Step 3: Admission interview
For those who pass the previous step, an interview. The interview is short (max. 15/20 minutes) and aims at ascertaining the motivations and interest for the study of the ancient Mediterranean world, as well as the familiarity with the history, art history, and archaeology of the Mediterranean, and/or the competence on world history/archaeology and theory and methods associated with them.
Admission interview sessions at this page. Some changes may occur during the selection period. Results will be sent approximately 4 weeks after the closure of the call.
Step 4: Pre-enrollment and VISA application
Non-EU Students residing abroad and admitted to the Master’s Programme need to submit their pre-enrollment via Italian Consulate or Embassy in their country and start the application for student VISA. The official admission at the University of Pavia will be possible only after pre-enrollment has been completed. Please keep in touch with the Italian Authority in your country and check this website .
⊗ Students from extra-European countries apply for a student VISA to the Italian authority in their country. Students should contact the Italian Embassy in their country as early as possible and ask information about student VISA application procedures.
Important notice for extra-European students: VISA application and university application are two completely independent procedures. VISA application is a procedure carried out by the Italian Authorities abroad. The University of Pavia has nothing to do with VISA application. Students from extra-European countries are encouraged to apply for pre-evaluation and admission test as soon as possible even if they did not obtain a VISA from the Italian embassy.
Additional information can be found at this page (to be updated).
Step 5: Enrollment
Students will be able to enroll in the University of Pavia between (to be updated)3. To enroll, login in your reserved area, then click Menu (right corner) -> Admissions -> Enrollment.
EU students must follow the procedure described at this page (to be updated).